Monday, January 14, 2013

Dog Toy

So the other day,  I decided to make a water bottle dog toy for my puppy, Finn.  I'd seen these toys in stores, made from fake fur and other material.  Then, one day I saw one that someone had crocheted for her dog. I wish I could remember where I saw it.  I'd give her credit for the idea.  She said her dog had been playing with for quite some time and still hadn't destroyed it.  So I figured I'd give it a try.

I had an empty bottle from a batch of water from Walmart, so I started with that.  I crocheted a holder that fit snuggly around the bottle

The toy I'd read about had long strands of yarn attached to the bottom.
These strands were then braided.  
Then those braids were braided.
I, then, used a piece of tightly wrapped yarn to hold the final braid together.
Here's a picture of Finn enjoying his new toy.
Sad to say, the toy lasted all of 5 minutes before it had huge holes in it and I had to throw it away.

 I guess this is not the type of toy you give to a puppy who's an aggressive chewer.  But if your dog is not as destructive with their toys as Finn is, this might be a good idea for a new toy.




No comments:

Post a Comment